Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sauce goes well with Spaetzle.
Make and share this Jaeger Schnitzel (Spaetzle Sauce) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot (or onion if you can't find shallots)
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 2 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Melt butter.
- Saute shallots until clear.
- Toss in mushrooms until mushrooms are sautéed.
- Place flour in a separate bowl, slowly whisk in beef broth. Adding wet to dry helps prevent lumps.
- Pour beef broth mixture into mushroom pan boil for 5-10 minutes until thickened, stir fairly often so it doesn't stick.
Really good gravy! I grew up on authentic German food, and this was definitely a good recipe.
nice sauce, perfect for Spaetzle.
This was so good! My grandmother, from Germany, taught me how to make Spaetzle, and we usually put either ketchup or butter on it but this was such a nice change for my family. They loved it.