Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My sister in law makes this for family occasions. It is so wonderful that I forget how much I hate broccoli. Hope you enjoy it as much as our family does.
- 1 head broccoli, washed and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon, fried and broken up
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 -3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 1 -3 tablespoon sugar (to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Wash broccoli and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Thinly slice red onion.
- Fry bacon until crisp and break into pieces.
- Shred cheddar cheese.
- In medium size bowl mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Add sugar to your taste preference.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
This is a wonderful broccoli salad. Everything in this salad is delicious all together. Thanks Baby Kato :) Made for the Australian recipe swap for July 2011
Loved it! The only change I made was using turkey bacon and frying the onion because raw onion makes me incredibly sick. I used home made mayo and gluten free Worcestershire sauce. Huge hit!! Thanks for sharing :) Made for For Your Consideration.
Wonderful, delicious and I'm so glad I have leftovers. Loved the dressing for this salad and I think the worchestershire sauce really adds a great flavor. The only change I made was to use "truvia" vs. sugar; otherwise I didn't and I wouldn't change a thing. Made for Spring PAC, 2014.