Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
A fantastic BBQ Sauce. Use Jack Daniels (but any Whiskey will do!) Leftover sauce freezes well.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey, Jack Daniels
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine onion, garlic and whiskey. Simmer over medium heat for about 7 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree in food processor or blender.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 day to blend flavours.
Finger lickin' good! I didn't have any JD, so I borrowed some from a neighbor. Made a double batch and sent some over as a thank you for the JD. She bought another bottle and asked me to make more! I like my sauce with a kick, so I did add some cayenne. Other than that, this is a keeper.
I tried this recipe on a whim and now I don't buy store bought anymore. I always double the recipe so I have plenty on hand.
This BBQ sauce is wonderful. It is nice and thick. Costs a bit more than store bought but I can make this recipe HFCS free. Thanks