Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
OK, maybe it's not that easy. But the taste is so out this world that its totally worth the while. Hardest part of the recipe? waiting for the creme to cool!
- Beat the eggs into an omelette.
- Heat the milk with the sugar until boiling is reached.
- Pour the hot milk on the eggs (slowly to"temper", don't cook the egg!) and stir well.
- Pour enough liquid caramel in an oven-resistant dish to cover, and pour the eggs and milk mixture into the dish.
- Put the dish in a bigger dish filled with water, and put in the oven (temperature 180 C/350 F) for about 45 minutes (until the cream is solid).
- This cream is best eaten cool.
- Delicious with a warm Kugelhopf.