Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A pasta salad that's so versatile, that you can throw in everything but the kitchen sink and come up with a delish salad every time! Makes for a great meal, or side dish on a hot summer day.
- 6 cups whole wheat rotini, cooked drained and cooled (or tri-coloured pasta)
- 4 cups mixed vegetables (broccoli, carrot, peppers, green onion, etc. Use your imagination)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (to taste) or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, I use fat free
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing mix, dill flavour
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ham (or cooked turkey or chicken)
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and cool. (toss with 1 tbsp olive oil to keep from sticking together).
- Chop all veggies into bite sized pieces. I use greeen, red, yellow, and orange peppers for colour.
- Mix together ranch dressing, miracle whip, sour cream and dill salad dressing mix and set aside in fridge to meld flavours.
- Chop cheese and ham into small cubes or slivers.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss with dressing and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Any substitutions may be made for veggies, meat or even cheese. Use your favourites.