Recipe by Rita~
Egg salad dotted with peas, scallions, red bell peppers. Spiced with a creamy chipotle dressing. layered into a wrap with thinly sliced tomatoes, pepperoni and greens. All rolled up and enjoyed by all on the run or packed up for a picnic in the park.
Top Review by threeovens
I reeeally loved this salad. I didn't want to stop eating it, even though it made a lot. There were a few unexpected ingredients that went so well in here. Do not leave out the peas, they are great in here (who knew?). My favorite of the contest, hands down!
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup defrosted peas
- 2 tablespoons diced scallions
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 chipotle pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 4 fresh spinach leaves (or your favorite greens)
- 1⁄4 tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 2 large flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in a pot covered with water. Bring to a boil cover and remove from heat. When cool remove shells and dice eggs. Place in a bowl with peas, scallions, red bell pepper, stir to combine.
- Mix chipotle, garlic, mayonnaise, and yogurt. Toss into salad to coat all.
- Place the 2 tortilla on a flat surface, top at end of tortilla with greens, tomatoes, pepperoni topping with egg salad.
- Roll up and slice on a angle. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic for a summer lunch on the beach or in the park.