Recipe by Katie'sMama
This is a super easy crock pot recipe that takes advantage of some convenience foods (some of the frozen pepper strip mixes already have chopped onion). It literally takes about three minutes to put together (so easy that even Dear Fiance can manage it :-)). This has a very high veggie to beef ratio, as I don't like beef very much (if you do like beef, just add some more beef strips). Somewhat liquidy, but I like it that way for mixing with rice. It's good with noodles or rice, or even open-slotted spooned into a whole-wheat tortilla for (somewhat messy) fajitas. Total time includes crock-pot time.
Top Review by princesskim
This dish was so simple and tasty! We'll definitely be having this again and sharing the recipe with others. The beef gets really tender in the crockpot and all the flavors blend very well. We had it over plain white rice, which worked very well!
- 1⁄2 lb round steak, cut into strips
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs or 1 teaspoon seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed peppers, cut in strips
- 1 small onion, chopped