Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Garlic and italian spices combine to create an easy salad that is perfect for picnics and barbeques (wonderful with grilled chicken). Also, a great way to use up stale bread, or an over-abundance of garden tomatoes.
- 4 cups day-old Italian bread or 4 cups French bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix together the bread, tomatoes, and bell pepper in large bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Toss before serving.
Gosh, this is a fantastic recipe! I used whole-wheat bread, skipped the garlic and parsley, which I didn't have, and used dried oregano instead. I kept in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour and took it along to college for lunch, and it was just perfect! Thank you for sharing this!