Recipe by Andtototoo!
This recipe makes a nice side dish for an Italian meal. It also goes nicely with many chicken dishes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 small yellow squash, julienned
- 2 small zucchini, cut into thin circles
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 roma tomato, deseeded and diced (optional)
- salt, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick frying pan put the olive oil, garlic and red chili flakes (optional). Heat over high heat until the edges of the garlic start to brown.
- Add the carrots, yellow squash and zucchini and stir to blend.
- Add the Italian seasoning and stir again.
- Flip the vegetables over occasionally using a spachula. Some of the vegetables should get brown spots on them, but the vegetables taste best if there is still a slight crispness to them.
- When the vegetables are ready, add salt.
- Turn off heat.
- If desired, stir in a deseeded and diced roma (plum) tomato at this time-optional.
- I have had similar recipes at Italian restaurants, so I eventually made up my own recipe to go with my meals at home.