Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mind-boggingly simple. If you are in a super hurry you can mix and serve the dip immediately, but the flavor is better after sitting for a while.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) packet Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 seeded and chopped plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- assorted cut up vegetables
- italian breadstick
- Mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, salad dressing mix, tomatoes, bell pepper, scallions, and parsley.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 48 hours before serving with the cut up vegetables and breadsticks.
Super easy and really delicious. I made this a few days before the party and served it as the veggie dip. It disappeared in now time!Thanks Mirjam.
Excellent, excellent, excellent! I decided to make a last minute veggie dip for people to munch on prior to our 4th of July party...not thinking it was necessary. I was wrong...I had to re-fill the veggie's 3 times, just enough to allow every last drop of this dip to be eaten. It was LOVED. I made it with low fat mayo and low fat sour cream. I used an orange pepper and served this with cut up radishes, celery, carrots and cucumbers. There was not a drop left! EXCELLENT recipe!
Made this twice...once at home for family and once for my kids' birthday party at age 10 or 11. The family loved it. The kids at the birthday party weren't all veggie sorts and they devoured it. We made TONS of it so we had leftovers and kids in school begged my kids for some -- the same ones who dislike veggies. Made me feel like a genius cook. This is one of the best dip recipes out there in my opinion. As usual, Mirj doesn't disappoint. Thanks for sharing :).