Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A la Rachel Ray - YUM-O.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 4 cups stale bread, torn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 4 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Add onions, cook 5 minute.
- Add garlic, cook 3 minute.
- Add tomatoes, season with s & p.
- Add stock and increase heat until soup bubbles.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add beans and bread.
- Stir soup until it thickens to a stew-like consistency.
- Turn of fheat, check for seasoning and ladle into shallow bowls.
- Top with pesto, parmesean, fresh onions and a drizzle of EVOO.