maryjane in spain's Note:
A la Rachel Ray - YUM-O.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 4 cups stale bread, torn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 4 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Heat large soup pot over medium heat.
- 2Add olive oil.
- 3Add onions, cook 5 minute.
- 4Add garlic, cook 3 minute.
- 5Add tomatoes, season with s & p.
- 6Add stock and increase heat until soup bubbles.
- 7Reduce heat to simmer and add beans and bread.
- 8Stir soup until it thickens to a stew-like consistency.
- 9Turn of fheat, check for seasoning and ladle into shallow bowls.
- 10Top with pesto, parmesean, fresh onions and a drizzle of EVOO.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Tomato Bread Soup
Serving Size: 1 (583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.4
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 1168.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: