Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from The Culinary Institute of America 'The New Professional Chef' 5th Edition at the request of a Zaar member.
- 3 slices bacon or 3 slices pancetta or 3 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 ounce onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 lbs spinach leaves, stems removed
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese, grated to taste
- Saute the bacon in the olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, and spinach; saute the spinach until limp.
- Season the spinach with the salt, Parmesan cheese, and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
My husband loves spinach & served this up to his great delight! Really nice. Lynn
An excellent side dish. I used prosciutto in place of bacon. Thank you.
Yum!! This is so much better than boiling in water. I sauteed the onions and garlic with the bacon. Then added the rest. This one's a keeper. Thanks for submitting.