Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Havn't tried it yet but sounds and looks so good!!
- 1 lb potato, peeled and quartered
- 2 -3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed, finely crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups sliced summer squash
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pasta-style chunky tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 375°F Combine potatoes and enough water to cover in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes, adding enough chicken broth to make desired consistency. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook and stir ground beef and onion in large skillet until beef is no longer pink. Drain. Add Italian seasoning, fennel seeds and ground red pepper; stir to combine. Add squash, tomatoes, corn and tomato paste; mix well. Spoon mixture into 2-quart casserole.
- Pipe or spoon potatoes over top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes or until meat mixture is bubbly. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving.