Recipe by Tea Girl
I found this on a German website and changed it a bit for what I had around. It is quick, pretty easy and delicious. I think you could make the recipe with liver from other game as well, maybe even beef or pig liver if it is fresh enough. Serve on top of hot spaghetti. I think it isn't necessary for you to serve with cheese, the sauce is rich enough
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 120 g bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 250 g fresh deer liver, skinned and cubed into bite-sized pieces (freshness is key for this recipe)
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes, drained and diced
- 6 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 150 ml dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil on medium heat and add the bacon, onions, garlic and bay leaves.
- Mix the flour and the 2 pinches of salt and pepper and coat the pieces of liver.
- Once the onions have clarified, add the liver and cook on all sides. Remove liver from pan and keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes, half the parsley, thyme and sherry and bring to a boil, cooking until sauce thickens. Taste sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the liver back in for a minute.
- Serve on top of hot spaghetti and top with remaining parsley.