Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy burgers stuffed with mozzarella, onions and olives.
Make and share this Italian-Stuffed Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can ripe olives, chopped (I prefer green olives)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 rolls or 4 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- prepared pizza sauce (optional)
- mayonnaise (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- In small bowl, combine cheese, olives, and onion.
- Shape ground beef into eight patties, approximately 4 1/2-inch diameter.
- Place approximately 1/4 cup of cheese mixture in center of four patties; top with remaining patties. Press edges firmly together to seal; gently pat to 3/4-inch thickness.
- In small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper. Press evenly into both sides of each patty.
- Place patties on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 22 to 24 minutes to medium doneness (160 degrees) or until centers of patties are no longer pink and juices show no pink color; turn occasionally.
- Season burgers with salt, as desired. Line bottom of each roll with one tomato slice; top with burger.
- Add choice of toppings, if desired.
This was a good stuffed burger recipe. I liked the filling combination. I use frozen garlic bread slices baked on the grill for buns and that brought it up from 4 stars to 5. Next time I'll try the marinara and maybe provolone for the cheese. made on behalf of the Daffy Daffodils for ZWT4.
This was a hit at my house! I didn't use any marinara sauce this time, but I will next time and for my own burger, I will add mushrooms! I served these on Kittencal's Hamburger/Burger Buns, toasted up with some parmesan, butter and garlic. Thanks Nick's Mom!
My family loved these. They are so moist and flavorful. I will make often.