Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to use all those fresh vegetables from the garden!
- 3 squash, sliced
- 3 zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (any color you like)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup any vinaigrette dressing (Italian, Balsamic, etc.)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- oregano, and
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your favorite kind)
- sleeve saltine crackers
- In large skillet saute garlic and onions on medium heat in the dressing for 5 minutes.
- Add the seasonings and all the veggies except the tomatoes and saute another 5 minutes.
- Add cans of tomatoes undrained and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer about 10 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Pour into a glass casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Crush saltines by hand over top of the casserole
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This was quick, easy and very good. Only change was I left out the pepper and added a few more tomatoes. Great recipe, will make again.