Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy recipe created by Canadian chef Lucy Waverman.
- 2 cups cooked spinach
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 partially 9-inch baked pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roughly chop the spinach and mix with the ricotta cheese, eggs, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper Add the mixture to the pie shell and bake in the lower third of the oven for 30 minutes or until the mixture sets.
This was great and used up a bunch of things I had leftover from other recipes (yay!) I added another egg and used a 10 oz box frozen chopped spinach (thawed & drained) and also used some of the oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes instead of the olive oil. Thanks for the recipe and helping me clear out my fridge Irmgard!
my quest for a yummy non-meat pie filling ends here!