Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in the new issue of, my favorite magazine, Coastal Living. It sounds perfect to post for ZWT 2006. I have not tried it but this is a recipe that is right up my alley! Can't wait to make this!
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 lb bay scallop
- 3⁄4 lb calamari, cut into rings and tentacles halved
- 2 cups fennel, very thinly sliced
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Sicilian olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add shrimp; coook 2 minutes or until no longer translucent.
- Transfer shrimp to a large colander with a slotted spoon.
- Add scallops to boiling water; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until no longer translucent.
- Transfer scallops to colander with shrimp.
- Add calamari to boiling water; cook 30 seconds. transfer calamari to colander with other seafood.
- Run cold water over seafood until no longer warm; drain well.
- Combine cool seafood, fennel, onions, tomatoes, parsley. olives.
- Combine lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl with a wire whisk.
- Pour over seafood and vegetable mixture. Toss well.
- Let stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before serving.