1/1 Photo of Italian Shrimp Potato Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This is a very flavorful potato salad that is great stuffed in a fresh tomato for brunch or lunch or served as a side dish. I also like to use it as an appetizer with cherry tomatoes! It is a light but very filling dish.Best if made day before serving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 lb pancetta, diced and fried (Italian bacon)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 lb medium shrimp, size
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano (I use dried it adds more flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups red onions, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped finely
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 3/4 cup asiago peppercorn salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1In a medium sauce pot add potatoes to 2 1/2 cups water add bay leaf, 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings 6-9 minutes or until tender. Drain and remove bay leaf place in large mixing bowl cover and place in the refrigerator.
- 2In a small frying pan on medium high place chopped pancetta fry until crispy 4-6 minutes remove from pan and place on paper towel to drain.
- 3On a large cookie sheet with sides pour olive oil onto sheet add shrimp add garlic and oregano and toss well place in oven with broiler on high and broil for 3-4 minutes or until pink remove from oven and place in small bowl to cool about 10 minutes then peel, devein and take off tail of all but 6 shrimp these you will use for garnish chop the rest of the shrimp.
- 4Remove potatoes from refrigerator and add chopped boiled eggs, pancetta, chopped red onion, chopped sundried tomatoes, fresh basil, and fresh spinach toss well. Add shrimp and Asiago Peppercorn dressing toss all ingredients well and cover place back in refrigerator while you core and remove the insides of 6 medium to large tomatoes.
- 5When tomatoes are done sprinkle with salt and pepper the add one large ice cream scoop of shrimp potato salad to each tomato garnish with one whole shrimp place on a bed of lettuce and serve with toasted baguettes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Shrimp Potato Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.1
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 310.3 mg
- Sodium 1707.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion