Recipe by Chef susan from Sandpoint,Idaho
Not! low fat but very delicious
Top Review by Vyrianna
This recipe is a a bit thinner than I like and also the 4 cloves of minced garlic is a bit too strong, of course we get some really big cloves of garlic. I added another 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese since we like things cheesey. The second time I made it I used 2 teaspoons of flour mixed into the sausage, garlic and butter before adding the heavy cream and it make it more like an alfredo with sausage (since I still doubled the parmesan).
UPDATE: I find that adding 1 teaspoon of flour added to the meat works great in getting it thicker without being too thick. Still add more parmesan cheese than the recipe calls for but adding just 1 tablespoon of parsley gives it nice color since it didn't really do anything for the flavor.
- 4 sweet Italian sausage
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons vermouth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, remove sausage from casings leave in chunks
- brown well then add garlic and vermount cook until sausage is no longer pink.
- add cream simmer 5 minutes salt and pepper to taste, cayenne if using.
- add cheese until melted, sprinkle with parsley, serve over pasta of choice.