1/2 Photos of Italian Sausage-Spinach Pie
1 hr 30 mins
One of my favorite meals when the weather gets cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 6 eggs
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and very well drained
- 946.36 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- pastry for double-crust pie, for 10 inch pie
- 14.79 ml water
- 1In a large skillet, cook Italian sausage, onion, and garlic until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2Separate one egg and set aside yolk.
- 3In a mixing bowl, add egg white and remaining eggs; beat gently.
- 4Stir in sausage mixture, spinach, cheeses, salt, and pepper.
- 5Line a 10-inch pie plate with bottom pastry.
- 6Pour filling in to pie crust.
- 7Top with upper crust; seal and flute edges.
- 8Cut slits in top crust for steam to vent.
- 9Combine water and reserved egg yolk; brush over top crust.
- 10Bake at 375 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown; may need to cover crust edges with foil if looks like it is getting too brown.
- 11Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage-Spinach Pie
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.8
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 231.7 mg
- Sodium 1459.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 34.2 g