Recipe by CIndytc
This is such a simple, great recipe from Cuisine at Home magazine...I am putting it here for safe keeping so I can find it again...I used red wine instead of white and it turned out great....Easy to double...
- 8 ounces penne pasta or 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 3⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brink a large pot of salted water to a boil for the penne.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Brown sausage iin a large saute pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, crushing it into small pieces using a potato masher. Add the bell pepper and onion; cook 5 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- Stir in tomato paste and garlic. Saute 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Deglaze with wine, then increase heat to high and cook until liquid is nearly evaporated. Add tomatoes, sugar, and pepper flakes; bring to a simmer and cook 5-8 minutes, or until thickened.
- Season ragu with salt, stir in parsley, and serve over penne. Garnish with parmesan.