Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
It's the best lasagna I've had!
- 2 Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Crumble sausage into a small skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes. Combine the egg, ricotta and parsley.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce in an 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Trim noodles to fit dish. Layer a third of the noodle pieces over sauce; top with a third of the remaining sauce, a third of the ricotta mixture and 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover; bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until browned. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
We really liked this. I had bookmarked this recipe and had the italian sausage finally and I am glad I made it. The sausage gives it a great flavor. Thank you for posting .