Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe adopted from the Recipezaar account. I haven't tried it yet but sounds like a nice appetizer or good served over pasta.
- 2 lbs Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup chablis
- 1 lb mushroom, fresh and sliced
- Saute Italian sausage for a few minutes in olive oil - just long enough to seal it or firm it up.
- Remove sausage and let cool.
- Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in the skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add sausage and cook for 1 hour on low heat.
- Serve as a hot appetizer.
- You may wish to be cautious with the wine at first.
- Some may find 1 cup too much.
We liked this. I followed all your ingredients (except had canned mushrooms) but I added a lot of the same things Evelyn/athens did too. I used red wine, onion, garlic powder, green peppers and a bay leaf and served it all over pasta. Thanks!
Very good way to cook sausages. I just used a good red wine as I didn't have the specified chablis. I don't know how spicy American tomato sauce is, but I used stewed tomatoes to which I added sauteed onion, garlic, bay, and some garlic and basil. Hope that's a fairly close approximation. Served pan-fried potatoes on the side and this was a very comforting meal.