Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Usually made with crawfish but all i had was sausage. Warm, sweet, and spicy.
- 6 link Italian turkey sausage
- extra virgin olive oil
- 236.59 ml sweet red pepper relish
- 118.29 ml butter
- minced garlic
- 59.14 ml flour
- creole seasoning
- 226.79 g can stewed tomatoes
- 29.58 ml dried parsley
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 4.92 ml Tabasco sauce
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- cooked rice
- Drizzle olive oil around a small pan and saute sausage with garlic.
- When the sausage is brown, add the relish and bring to a simmer.
- In a big pot, melt the butter, garlic, and a little olive oil.
- Add the flour and whisk together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the rice and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
I changed the recipe quite a bit, so it might have been better if I stuck to it. I just wanted to use up some sweet red pepper spread that had been in the cupboard for a few years. First of all, I hadn't ever cooked Italian sausage before, but I realized about 10 minutes into trying to saute them that they needed to be cut in order to cook evenly on the stove. I'd recommend cutting them first. I also thought it was weird to saute garlic with it sausages... it just got burnt. I did add it to the sauce though. Other than that, the flavor just wasn't what we like, but I can tell how some people might like it.