1/2 Photos of Italian Sausage And Pepper Heroes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs sweet Italian sausage links (16 links) or 4 lbs hot Italian sausage links (16 links)
- 4 red bell peppers, stemmed,seeded and sliced into 1/4" strips
- 4 green bell peppers, stemmed,seeded and sliced into 1/4" strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large sweet onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- ground black pepper
- 16 hoagie rolls, sliced lengthwise,toasted,if desired
- 1Grill sausages over hot coals, turning occasionally, until done, about 10 minutes total.
- 2Remove from grill and keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, in large skillet, sauté peppers in the olive oil until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until vegetables are lightly browned, 10-15 minutes.
- 5Pepper mixture can be made ahead; reheat to serve or serve at room temperature.
- 6Place sausage links in hero rolls, generously add sautéed pepper mixture to each sandwich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage And Pepper Heroes
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.3
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1683.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 28.4 g