- Grill sausages over hot coals, turning occasionally, until done, about 10 minutes total.
- Remove from grill and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, sauté peppers in the olive oil until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until vegetables are lightly browned, 10-15 minutes.
- Pepper mixture can be made ahead; reheat to serve or serve at room temperature.
- Place sausage links in hero rolls, generously add sautéed pepper mixture to each sandwich.