Recipe by glitter
It is easy, delicious, and it was left to me by my favorite Uncle. We have enjoyed this for many years and hope to for generations to come. I would like to share it with my friends at zaar.
- 5 lbs pork butt, ground coarsely (I also use Pork Shoulder)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons whole fennel seeds
- casing, washed thoroughly
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly except casings.
- Then allow mixture to set covered in refrigerator at least 1/2 hours You want your mixture to be nice and cold when you put it into the casings.
- It is actually best left overnight if possible.
- This will also help blend all the flavors of the spices nicely.
- When cold enough fill your casings turning every 10" to make a small sausage.
- Or you can lay the meat on a wax paper take another wax paper, lay it on top.
- Roll out the meat, with your biscuit cutter, dip in water, and cut rounds.
- These you can nicely put in plastic freeze in baggies and they will be ready when you are.
- When you want to make them, put a little olive oil in the pan to prevent sticking, heat, and make the patties or sausages.
- These sausages are also great on the grill or for any Italian meals-- They are not over powering in flavor.