Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a quick appetizer that is always a hit. I like to serve it for summer pool parties along with fresh tomato bruschetta and crispy baguette slices.
- 2 (6 ounce) packagesof thinly sliced italian salami (or Mortadella)
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
- romaine lettuce leaf
- Separate salami slices and then overlap on a cutting board to form an approximately 9x13" rectangle. I like to alternate rows of salami and mortadella.
- Soften cream cheese in microwave for 20 seconds, stir, and microwave for additional 15-20 seconds until soft and very spreadable.
- Spread cream cheese over salami evenly. Place lettuce on top of cream cheese in a single layer.
- Beginning at the wide end of the triangle, carefully roll tightly, like a jellyroll.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Slice into 1" pieces, place upright on a platter and serve.