Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Can be served as an entree or mixed with pasta as a main
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 slices bacon (finely chopped)
- chili flakes (to taste)
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 400 g green prawns (peeled)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 pinch sugar
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Heat the olive oil and butter over a high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, bacon and chilli flakes, Cook until softened, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the can of tomatoes, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered, to reduce the sauce.
- Turn the heat up to medium, Add the prawns and cook only until they change colour.
- Season to taste and add paprika and sugar.
- Serve in small individual bowls with crusty bread, garnish with parsley as an entree or stir through hot cooked pasta and serve as a main course.
10/10! really tasty and simple to cook. I also didn't not use bacon. I added a little white wine instead of water once it had evaporated too much towards the end, which I would recommend, but the recipe is fool proof as it is. Thanks Kiwipom.
Yum! I didn't use the bacon but otherwise kept to the recipe. I had to add a little water to the tomato sauce because it all evaporated about 15 minutes into simmering it on low heat. The flavour was very yummy even Little Miss (DD) who's been off her food had a taste and said it was yummy but spicy. Hubby and I enjoyed it very much and ate it with crusty white bread. Thank you Kiwipom
Really tasty, easy recipe. Used deli ham instead of bacon. Added two fillets of orange roughy cut up into chunks as well as green prawns. My daughter and I ate most of it as a main with crunchy garlic bread. Will certainly be having this again. Highly recommended for the seafood lover.