Italian plum jam is my favorite. Sometime I have too many plums to eat out of hand, but not enough to make a whole batch of jam. This recipe uses about 18-20 plums and a half package, dry low sugar pectin. Do not use overly ripe plums.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pit the plums and chop in a food processor. Measure 4-cups.
- 2In a pan combine the 4-cups chopped plums, lemon juice and water.
- 3Stir-in the dry pectin.
- 4Bring to a boil and boil for one minute.
- 5Add the sugar.
- 6Bring back to a boil and boil hard for a full minute.
- 7Ladle into sterilized jars. Adjust caps.
- 8Water bath process 8-minutes.
- 9Yield: 4-5 half pints and a taster for the fridge.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Plum Jam - Half Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (1670 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.0
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 129.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry low-sugar pectin