Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is a good sandwich! If you like it hot, use Hot sausage.
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml margarine or 14.79 ml butter
- 4 fresh Italian sausages, mild or hot (3/4 to 1 pound)
- 118.29 ml pizza sauce
- 4 individual French rolls, split
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Tear off a 3 6x18-inch piece of heavy foil.
- Fold in half to make a double thickness of foil that measures 18x18 inches.
- Place sweet pepper and onion in the center of the foil.
- Dot with margarine or butter.
- Bring up two opposite edges of foil and seal with double fold.
- Then fold remaining ends to completely enclose, leaving space for steam to build.
- Prick the sausage links in several places with a fork or the tip of a sharp knife.
- Place sausage links and the foil packet on grill.
- Cover and grill for 20 to 25 minutes (medium heat) or until sausage juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat pizza sauce in a small saucepan.
- Toast cut sides of buns on grill.
- To serve, halve sausage links lengthwise, cutting to but not through the other side.
- Place sausage links in the toasted rolls.
- Top each with pepper mixture and pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Tasty sandwiches! I like that the pepper and onion are grilled right alongside the sausages. I used turkey Italian sausages, drizzled a bit of olive oil over the veggies instead of dotting with butter, and used Easy Pizza Sauce for the sauce. (I didn't heat the sauce, just used at room temp.) Thanks for posting!
We loved these! I used some smoked spicy sausages and sauteed the peppers and onions on the stove. I didn't even make anything else to go with dinner we just gobbled these up. My husband especially thanks you! :-)