Recipe by Kaccy G.
Here is a good sandwich! If you like it hot, use Hot sausage.
Top Review by GaylaJ
Tasty sandwiches! I like that the pepper and onion are grilled right alongside the sausages. I used turkey Italian sausages, drizzled a bit of olive oil over the veggies instead of dotting with butter, and used Recipe #98804 for the sauce. (I didn't heat the sauce, just used at room temp.) Thanks for posting!
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml margarine or 14.79 ml butter
- 4 fresh Italian sausages, mild or hot (3/4 to 1 pound)
- 118.29 ml pizza sauce
- 4 individual French rolls, split
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear off a 3 6x18-inch piece of heavy foil.
- Fold in half to make a double thickness of foil that measures 18x18 inches.
- Place sweet pepper and onion in the center of the foil.
- Dot with margarine or butter.
- Bring up two opposite edges of foil and seal with double fold.
- Then fold remaining ends to completely enclose, leaving space for steam to build.
- Prick the sausage links in several places with a fork or the tip of a sharp knife.
- Place sausage links and the foil packet on grill.
- Cover and grill for 20 to 25 minutes (medium heat) or until sausage juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat pizza sauce in a small saucepan.
- Toast cut sides of buns on grill.
- To serve, halve sausage links lengthwise, cutting to but not through the other side.
- Place sausage links in the toasted rolls.
- Top each with pepper mixture and pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.