Recipe by Brenda.
An easy baked Italian snack, made with wonton skins
Top Review by Cinnamon Leigh
This was easy to follow, and results were great! I had tried using bowtie (farfalle) pasta - but was difficult to get crispy without burning. So - this recipe using wonton skins worked perfectly. I added a few twists - didn't want it as cheesy (but that did taste good!) and wanted it spicy (so I just added more seasonings (basil leaves, ground ginger, cumin, garlic powder, Himilayan pink salt, chili powder, ground red pepper, cracked pepper, rosemary, thyme, oregano) I think you can season as you may wish. I even tried a "sweet" version - using this recipe - except the seasonings were cinnamon and sugar....... All in all a good recipe, and great results! Thanks!
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 12 wonton skins
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 177.44 ml pecorino cheese, shredded or 177.44 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 400*.
- Place oven rack in center of oven.
- Lightly spray cookie sheet with olive oil flavored cooking spray.
- Lay wonton skins on sheet in a single layer.
- Separate egg, saving the yolk for another recipe. Put egg white in a bowl and froth with a fork.
- Brush each wonton skin with egg white and sprinkle with oregano and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Lightly spray wontons again with olive oil. Cut each in half diagonally with pizza cutter.
- Bake until edges are brown, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Can be stored in an air tight container for a day or 2 at room temperature.