Recipe by Iron Bloomers
This is a "lazy" supper. Can be prepared early in the morning and refrigerated till time to bake. Great flavor combo. Using hot sausage adds a Bam!
Top Review by Miss Kitty
This dinner was excellent!! It was easy to prepare, with readily available ingredients. I had to double the recipe to accommodate everyone, and barely had enough left to call "leftovers". I prepared this recipe as stated in the instructions, with the exception of cooking time. Since I more than doubled the amount of chicken, I extended the cooking time by about 30 minutes. (I used 8 thighs, because that was what I had on hand, and cooked everthing in a large roasting pan.) The Italian sausage gave the entire dish a wonderful flavor, especially the potatoes which absorbed all the meat juices. My "Picky Panel of Judges" gave this a resounding 5 stars!
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed and cut in wedges
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage links or 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°.
- In a 9x13-inch pan, place oil.
- Add potatoes rolling in oil to coat.
- Arrange chicken and sausage, rolling chicken to coat lightly.
- Pour the combined tomatoes and seasonings over all.
- Bake at 350° uncovered for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Note: Stacking chicken on top of potatoes is fine.