Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make one for a party or big game day.
Make and share this Italian Muffuletta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb round loaf Italian bread
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing, Viva or your very favorite brand
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, torn or shredded
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb ham, sliced paper thin
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami, sliced paper thin
- 1⁄4 lb turkey breast, sliced paper thin
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- Cut loaf of bread lengthwise in half. Scoop out soft center of bread being careful not to break the crust.
- Sprinkle both top and bottom with Viva Italian dressing.
- Fill the indentions of both sides with romaine lettuce, onions, and tomatoes.
- Layer ham, salami, turkey and cheeses to desired thickness.
- Slice into chunks to serve.
Yummy Italian sandwich! Without the olive salad it doesn't remind me of a muffuletta, but it's one of the best tasting Italian subs I've had.
5 STARS! Not exactly New Orleans style, but I'm a rebel like that, too. I don't always follow instructions precisely and sometimes I even use the microwave, modern gal that I am. Made for ZWT7.