Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
Top Review by Jangomango
Excellent. It's important for anyone making this for the first time that they pour the sugar syrup down the side of the bowl. This is the best topping for lemon meringue pie - no leaking, shrinking, whatever it is that the usual culprits do. For any Aussies or Kiwis making this, use liquid glucose - same quantity. Corn syrup is not common in these parts.
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring sugar, corn syrup and enough water to wet to a boil.
- Remove from heat at softball stage (240 degrees).
- Pour into a heatproof measuring cup.
- Meanwhile whip egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Continue whipping whites while very slowly pouring sugar syrup into mixer bowl.
- Be careful not to pour on whisk as it will splatter on to the sides of the bowl When sugar is fully incorporated, whip on low speed until cool.