Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe came from my mother-in-law. We eat them on sandwiches or just eat the meatballs. Makes a great meatball sandwich.
- 907.18-1360.77 g ground beef
- 1 package saltine crackers
- 29.58 ml garlic powder
- 141.74 g container parmesan cheese
- 8 (2438.05 g) can tomato sauce
- 8 (2438.05 g) can water
- 1-2 egg
- Mix ground beef, one half container of cheese, garlic powder, crackers and eggs together.
- In a large saucepan, mix tomato sauce and water together.
- Bring to a boil.
- Make meatballs and add to tomato sauce.
- Cook for about 2 hours on medium heat.
- Add rest of cheese to sauce before serving.
Great meatballs - I made them quite small and cut the recipe back less than a lb. Got 18 meat balls. I changed the sauce simply because I have so many tomatoes still from the garden. Chopped fresh tomatoes, onion & sweet peppers and 1 tsp hot sauce - Loved them thanks rhonda for posting