Recipe by Babyoil
These make excellent meatball sandwiches or go great with spaghetti. Add to or omit spices to your own preferences. I make these different sizes, depending on how I'm going to use them. I make smaller meatballs to take to parties where guests can skewer them with toothpicks.
Top Review by gertc96
These were amazing..... I made these and placed them in Recipe#155410 and let them simmer for about 3 1/2 hours.... We had them over spaghetti.... Since I simmered in the sauce, I didn't use the heinz ketchup, but will be trying it sometime.... Thanks so much for posting....
- 2 lbs ground round (or any hamburger)
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (I use Kraft dry parm)
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 6 pieces bread (made into breadcrumbs)
- 1 bottle heinz hot ketchup (or regular ketchup with about 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce added)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the onion, parmesan cheese, eggs, basil, oregano, and garlic.
- Pour mixture onto hamburger and work in well.
- Add bread crumbs.
- The mixture will be sticky.
- Use a little water in palm of hands to roll meatballs (or burgers) so mixture doesn't stick.
- Put meatballs in crockpot.
- Pour ketchup into slow cooker/crockpot.
- Add water to ketchup bottle and shake.
- Pour into slow cooker/crockpot.
- Simmer for several hours.