Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are great meatballs to serve with your favourite pasta sauce, in meatball subs or any way you like to serve meatballs. They freeze very well.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, line slices of bread, cover with milk and let soak for 1 minute. With electric blender, mix until mushy and well blended. Add remaining ingredients and mix well with hands.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet and cook for 30 to 40minutes,until done.
I used lean ground beef. Instead of onion salt, I used onion powder. I didn't have enough dried onion flakes so maybe it was only 2 tablespoon that I added. But it was still great. They have a really great taste. I served them with pasta and arrabiata sauce. Thanks Bea :) Made for your win in I recommend tag game
Very nice recipe. Though I did cut recipe in half, this was made for a spaghetti dinner. I did use lean ground beef, but the flavors were still a delight. Great combo of spices too. Baked for 40 minutes on the nose, and were done perfectly. I did cut the ammount of pepper in half, other than that made as posted. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
Very easy to put together! I used my KitchenAid mixer to everything, and then formed by hand. I only made half the recipe, but will make whole recipe next time and freeze half for later. I subbed ground turkey for half of the meat (kept some ground beef in them for moisture) Tasted great. I like that they are baked, not fried. I served them in Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce, over bow tie pasta. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.