Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
found this recipe in food section of local newspaper from Associated Press. It is fast and quite tasty.
- 1 (18 ounce) packagefrozen fully cooked italian-seasoned meatballs
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 ounce) can ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked ditalini
- Combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Serve with Shredded parmesan cheese if desired.
Good, basic recipe. A little dry. I added twice the tomatoes and broth, then increased the pasta to 1 cup. Great with breadsticks!
This is a great recipe with just a few simple ingredients and ease of preparation. The only subsitution I made was elbow macaroni for the ditalini since this was not available where I shop. This recipe was tasty and super for a quick meal during the week.