Italian Meatball Soup
photo by katie in the UP
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups beef stock
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 lb kale, cleaned, chopped with large veins removed
- Combine all meatball ingredients, shape into golf ball size balls and chill for 20 minutes.
- In a large dutch oven add 2 tbls olive oil and brown meatballs in a couple of batches.
- Store meatballs for later.
- Add another 2 tbls olive oil and saute all the veggies except for the kale.
- Add stock, water bay leaf, Italian seasoning and addition garlic.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add meatballs and kale and simmer for approx 20 minutes longer.
- Serve with shaved parmesan cheese and crusty bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!