Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This is from my MIL. This is a great salad and lasts a long time in the refrigerator. Cooking time is actually marinating in the refrigerator.
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into small flowerets
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small flowerets
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) jar green olives, drained and chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jarzesty Italian dressing
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix (mixed with oil and vinegar)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Chop all of the vegetables and place in large bowl. Mix dry dressing mix with oil and vinegar as directions suggest, add prepared Zesty dressing and pour over the vegetables.
- Marinate covered overnight. Just before serving add the cherry tomatoes.
A delicious and easy salad to prepare. It makes a lot, even though I made half a recipe. It's also a delight to the eye to see so much color. This is a salad I can make on Sunday and enjoy for lunch at work all week. It is so satisfying. Thanks, adopt a greyhound! Made for My 3 Chefs event, for my Office Cube Salad theme.
Made for holiday office luncheon. Turned out great. Made a LOT. I could eat this all the time!