Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love this recipe. It is great for fresh bbq's because their is no mayo!I deskin the tomatoes but the original recipe didn't call for it. I also like to use different flavored feta cheeses to spice it up a bit. It's great with orzo instead of macaroni. I got this from thekitchn.com - their are also alot of great adaptions in there.
- 2 cups little elbow macaroni
- 3⁄4 cup heirloom tomatoes (about 2 large tomatoes) or 3⁄4 cup plum tomato, diced (about 2 large tomatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup basil, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small handful of your favorite seedless olive, halved
- 1⁄4 cup good-quality olive oil (or oil from artichoke hearts)
- artichoke heart (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lemon zest, to taste
- Cook, rinse, and drain pasta. Be sure your macaroni noodles have cooled completely before setting out to make the salad. When the noodles are completely cool, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil over the salad and stir to combine. Season with freshly ground pepper, kosher salt and lemon zest to taste. Serve. Refrigerate and cover any leftovers, and continue to enjoy for up to 3 days.