1/2 Photos of Italian Inspired Potatoes
This was inspired by Chef Potpie's Couch Potatoes. I went to make it and thought it was missing tomatoes...I realized I had some sundried tomatoes and other flavorful add-ins and came up with this. It turned out very yummy. I love the tangy additions with the salami. To me this is a meal in itself! You could add onion to this also if you like. I might even try it with some capers next time. Hmm...and perhaps feta cheese instead of mozzarella with shredded chicken or no meat for greek potatoes! It's so fun to experiment. This could also be made in the oven or with leftover roasted potatoes or canned potatoes. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large white potatoes, washed and cut in half lengthwise
- garlic salt, to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 ounces pepper salami, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, strips (4 long strips)
- 1 -2 tablespoon green olives, sliced
- sour cream, to top (optional)
- 1Place potato halves cut side up in a single layer in a microwavable dish that has a lid.
- 2Put 1 tablespoon of water in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle potato halves with garlic salt.
- 3Cover and microwave on high 8-15 minutes (depending on your microwave) until tender.
- 4Meanwhile, mix together the cheese, oregano, salami and sundried tomatoes.
- 5When potatoes are done top them evenly with the cheese mixture.
- 6Place one red bell pepper strip on each potato and arrange green olive rings around them.
- 7Microwave for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- 8Serve with sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Inspired Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 714.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 10.6 g