Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really tasty vegetarian dish, it can be eaten alone or as part of a larger meal. Its very filling, can be reheated and meat eaters can enjoy it by replacing the Quorn mince for regular mince. I would suggest serving with some fresh steamed vegetables such as broccoli, carrots and peas.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 350 g quorn mince
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 500 g of tinned sweetcorn
- garlic paste, about 2 inches from tube
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 ounces of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- pine nuts
- Peel and quater the potatos and place in a pot of salted water to boil at a medium heat.
- Chop the onion roughly and throw into the 4 tablespoons of heated olive oil in a large pot, fry to transparency. Add the garlic paste, salt, celery salt and, if desired, some black pepper. Mix together well.
- Add the Quron mince to the onions and fry lightly to seal the mince. Mix together well. Add to the mince, stock made from the chopped tomatos, tomato puree and ketchup. Season to taste. Keep mixing!
- Line a casserole dish with the drained sweetcorn and layer on the mince mixture.
- Drain the boiled potatos, mash them and gradually add the chedder cheese while mashing. Layer on the cheesy mash on top of the mince. Cover with the mozzerlla cheese and any chedder thats left over.
- Sprinkle on pine nuts and bake in the oven on a medium to high heat untill golden on top.