Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is from Food52 by By Tieghan Gerard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 -4 tablespoons honey or 2 -4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, pineapple)
- 3 cups ice
- To the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender, add the fruit, honey or sugar (I used 2 tablespoons honey), lemon juice, and 2 cups ice. Blend the mixture until chunky and then add the remaining 1 cup of ice. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a 9- by 13-inch baking dish and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the ice from the freezer and scrape it with a fork until slushy. Return to the freezer for another 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, you can then scoop the ice into cups. If the ice is too hard to scoop, let it sit out for 5 minutes to soften, or add the ice to a blender and blend until slushy. Scoop into cups.