Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Italy is famous for their Cioccolato Caldo, especially during the fall and winter months. This hot chocolate is sometimes served so thick (like a pudding), that you need a spoon to actually eat it! this recipe doesn't make it that thick. The luxurious richness comes from using top-quality chocolate.
- 5 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped (at least 70% cacao solids)
- 2 cups milk
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the cocoa powder, sugar, and 2 tablespoons of the milk,
- Heat until the sugar melts and no lumps remain, stirring well.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly; add the remaining milk.
- Turn off the heat, add the chopped chocolate, stirring until smooth.
Scrumptious! I enjoy hot cocoa most nights and was concerned because this one had quite a bit less sugar then what I normally make, but this was really yummy and very satisfying. I made as written using a good quality dark chocolate bar that was 80% cacao solids. You know I will be making this again. Thanks for the post.
OMG - this is fabulous!!! What a Valentine I gave myself by making this! I will most definitely be making this again.
I made it for DS (only 1 serving). I should have used 3 ounces of dark chocolate but I guess I used only 1 ounce. I thought it was enough for him. And even only with 1 ounce, it was great. So creamy and delicious. I used whole milk. Thanks Annacia. Made for 123 hit wonders