Recipe by NorthwestGal
I started with a Greek salad recipe that I found on another site, and I followed some of the review comments that suggested it was even better when made as an Italian salad. It's really refreshing and packed with flavor. It makes a lot, so it's a good salad to take to potluck gatherings.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Delicious! I have been a big fan of the Greek version of this salad that NorthwestGal posted, and don't know why I didn't try this version sooner. I essentially made this as posted, except I had sliced pepperoni and salami, which I diced. I cubed the mozzarella also. This makes a wonderful take-along lunch that is brightly flavored and filling. I will definitely be making this again! Made in honor of NorthwestGals' Week 8 Football Pool win.
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, drained
- 425.24 g can black olives, drained and sliced
- 396.89 g artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 141.74 g pepperoni, cubed (I use Pepperoni Minis)
- 170.09 g salami, cubed
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes (I cut them in half)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 170.09 g mozzarella cheese
- 59.14 ml Italian dressing
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning