Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A flavorful, creamy dip to serve with your favorite dippers. Always a hit at our card parties. Please note that cooking time is the chilling time.
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 package dried Italian salad dressing mix (Good Seasons)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can baby shrimp, drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced green pepper (I often omit) (optional)
- garlic melba toast rounds or assorted fresh vegetable
- Combine sour cream and cream cheese.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Beat in salad dressing mix and lemon juice.
- Stir in shrimp and green pepper.
- Cover and chill several hours.
- Serve with Melba toasts or vegetables.
I made this today. Boiled half a pound fresh local shrimp in Zatarain's liquid shrimp and crab boil. Peeled and pulsed until minced in food processor. Used entire package of the italian seasoning and an additional tsp. Lemon juice. I added fresh chopped dill and parsley from my herb garden. Some kind of yummy!!
This is the same dip my Aunt Linda makes at family functions, but she uses the whole package of seasoning instead of 1/2. We love it with wheat thins!
I also have made this dip for years and took it on boat trips.....good with crackers or vegetables