Recipe by Glass Chef
I just came up with this last night and we loved it so much I thought I'd post it. The liquid absorbed will vary due to moisture in the veggies so be sure to let liquid get absorbed before adding more. The liquid should be hot too. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry arborio rice
- 4 -5 cups hot chicken stock
- 1 (12 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh grated romano cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until golden.
- Add onion, garlic, and red pepper sauté until translucent.
- Add rice and sauté until grains are toasted.
- Break up spinach into pan, stir.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Begin adding stock 2 ladles at a time and stir continually, let stock get absorbed before adding more.
- Continue adding stock in this manner until rice is al dente.
- (It will appear as if there are too many veggies compared to rice, it will work though).
- Add shrimp and cover until shrimp is pink.
- Add cheese and nutmeg.
- Check for salt and pepper, adjust to taste.
- It should be creamy in texture.
- serve and enjoy!