Glass Chef's Note:
I just came up with this last night and we loved it so much I thought I'd post it. The liquid absorbed will vary due to moisture in the veggies so be sure to let liquid get absorbed before adding more. The liquid should be hot too. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups dry arborio rice
- 4 -5 cups hot chicken stock
- 1 (12 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh grated romano cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add mushrooms and sauté until golden.
- 3Add onion, garlic, and red pepper sauté until translucent.
- 4Add rice and sauté until grains are toasted.
- 5Break up spinach into pan, stir.
- 6Season with salt and pepper
- 7Begin adding stock 2 ladles at a time and stir continually, let stock get absorbed before adding more.
- 8Continue adding stock in this manner until rice is al dente.
- 9(It will appear as if there are too many veggies compared to rice, it will work though).
- 10Add shrimp and cover until shrimp is pink.
- 11Add cheese and nutmeg.
- 12Check for salt and pepper, adjust to taste.
- 13It should be creamy in texture.
- 14serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Flag Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.6
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.7 mg
- Sodium 1735.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 38.4 g