Recipe by Dib's
I got this from a fellow Chef, Jen in CA. Excellent dish! Makes a super main dish for 4 or a side for 8.
Top Review by OliveLover
I had about 1.5 pounds of small, Italian eggplants, which I peeled and salted before using. After adding a ton more Italian seasoning to the mixture, I took Chef #182980's suggestion and filled a dozen large shells and baked them smothered in sauce. I also used 13oz of firm silken style tofu which mixed very well with the eggs. We're liking the end results very much and I will make this again.
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced in 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb tofu, mashed well with a fork
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium heat.
- Add eggplant, tomato sauce, water, bouillon, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- While eggplant is simmering mix tofu and eggs.
- When the eggplant has simmered for 10 minutes, stir in the tofu mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake 35 minutes.